Attention OverDrive & RBdigital Users
In preparation for upgrading the Navy MWR OverDrive site, accounts have moved to a new management system. Users must reset their password using the link on the OverDrive sign-in page. The first time you sign in, use your email as the password. The OverDrive site change is expected to be completed around the end of January.
RBdigital is transferring the book and audiobook collection to OverDrive on January 14. Readers with holds will lose the holds, but the full lending period will be honored for those with books currently borrowed. Magazines, Great Courses, Comics, and ArtistWorks will remain on the RBdigital platform.
Join the DoD MWR Libraries Virtual Winter Reading Challenge!
Readers of all ages can log reading time from Dec 1 to Jan 31 to be automatically entered into weekly $20 e-gift card drawings. The top readers in each age category will also be awarded an e-gift card. Help us reach our goal of reading 5 million minutes this winter!
Pre-registration is now open: https://DoDVirtualSRP.beanstack.org
Access the Navy MWR Digital Library
Available for Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard ...
- Active-duty personnel
- Dependents of active-duty, Reservists and retirees
- Naval Academy Midshipmen
- DoN Delayed Entry Program personnel
- Civilian employees (GS, NAF, CTR)
How Do I Get Started?Step 1: Visit NavyMWRDigitalLibrary.org
Step 2: Click “Login” in the upper right corner
Step 3: Click the “CAC” button or “DS Logon” button (get a DS Logon at https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/)
Step 4: CAC - enter PIN; DS Logon - enter username and password
Books, Audiobooks and Magazines
What Will I Find?
- OverDrive: Over 80,000 e-books and audiobooks, including bestsellers and the CNO Professional Reading titles.
- RB Digital Library: Popular magazines, e-books, comics and audiobooks, including Great Courses video and CNO Professional Reading titles not available in OverDrive.
- O’Reilly Learning Safari: Thousands of technology and business books and videos, plus live training.
- NoveList Plus: Expert reading recommendations to find your next great book based on your interests.
- National Geographic 1888-1994: Search or browse science, nature and social science topics covered in more than 100 years of National Geographic.
Business and Finance
- Gale Business Plan Builder and Entrepreneur: Step-by-step guidance on producing complete business plans and other documents essential for gaining access to capital and growing a company or non-profit.
- Weiss Ratings: Independent ratings for company stocks, mutual funds, banks, credit unions and insurance companies, as well as articles.
- Consumer Reports: Find the best deals, ratings and reviews on thousands of popular consumer items.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center: Information on stocks, mutual funds and ETFs, plus an Investment Classroom, articles and videos.
- Gale LegalForms: State and federal tax forms, and “attorney forms” for other legal issues such as bankruptcy and adoption.
- Ancestry: Billions of records, including U.S. and foreign census data, vital records, directories, photos and more.
- Fold3: Access military records, including the stories, photos and personal documents of those who served from the Revolutionary War onward.
- PressReader: Read over 6,000 national and international newspapers and magazines in full-text – just like a print paper in a responsive digital format.
- Freegal: Stream and download 15 million+ songs from over 200 genres for free. Instantly access songs, albums, playlists, music videos and audiobooks.
- Qello Concerts: View full-length concerts and music documentaries in more than 30 genres streamed on demand.
- Kanopy: Watch documentaries, classics and indie films, and stream movies.
- Artistworks: Learn to play an instrument or sing.
- Mango Languages: Learn more than 70 languages through interactive lessons, including ESL.
- Chilton Auto Repair: Extensive vehicle maintenance and repair guidance with images.
- EBSCO Small Engine Repair: Repair manuals with original photos and illustrations of engines for motorcycles, boats, generators and other small engines.
- Universal Class: Take more than 500 online classes led by knowledgeable professionals. Guide to creating a Universal Class Account.
Education and Reference
- Learning Express Test Prep: Practice tests, study guides, flashcards and more for school and career exam advancement.
- Gale Academic OneFile: Over 6,000 full-text academic journals, magazines and news sources.
- Gale Military and Intelligence: Journals, magazines and reports covering all aspects of military affairs.
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Includes articles written by subject matter experts as well as images.
- Gale Health and Wellness: Reference sources, magazines, journals and pamphlets from a wide variety of authoritative medical sources.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Reference e-books, including specialized encyclopedias and directories.
- World Book: Educational ebooks, articles, and activities for students in pre-K to 12th grade
Kids and Teens
- EBSCO Explora Primary: Designed for children in grades K-5 to learn about animals, music, health, history, people and places, science, math and sports.
- EBSCO Explora Secondary: A rich collection of articles, videos, images and reference information about arts, music, geography, health, math and more for students in grades 6-12.
- Gale Middle School: Age-appropriate articles, videos, news sources and primary documents for students in grades 6-12.
- NoveList K-8 Plus: Kids can find books that are appropriate for their reading level and interests, plus teaching tools to engage young readers.
- Scholastic BookFlix: BookFlix pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction titles to reinforce early reading skills and develop real-world knowledge (pre-K to grade 2).
- Scholastic FreedomFlix: American history comes to life with dynamic e-books featuring maps, timelines, virtual tour clips and more for grades 4+.
- Scholastic ScienceFlix: Students gain a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, interactive features and more (Lexile levels 600-1200 readers).
- Scholastic TrueFlix: Social studies and science books, videos, images, experiments and articles, for grades 3-6.
- OverDrive: The teens’ and kids’ “reading rooms” offer more than 8,000 audiobook, e-book, video, and read-along titles.
- Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families: To help alleviate the academic stress being experienced by DoD-affiliated personnel and their families due to COVID-19 disruptions, U.S. Department of Defense Military Community and Family Policy has temporarily expanded eligibility for Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families program. The program provides on-demand academic support 24/7 online in more than 100 subjects for kindergarteners through college students.