Navy MWR Digital Library
NavyMWRDigitalLibrary.org is the Navy MWR Library Program’s Digital Library Branch, and it’s open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Digital customers enjoy e-books and audiobooks, foreign language learning, test prep, and research resources that support lifelong learning, and professional and recreational reading.
Who Can Use It?Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard
- Active-duty personnel
- Dependents of active-duty, Reservists and retirees
- Naval Academy Midshipmen
- DoN Delayed Entry Program personnel
- Civilian employees (GS, NAF, CTR)
How Do I Get Started?Step 1: Visit NavyMWRDigitalLibrary.org
Step 2: Click “Login” in the upper right corner
Step 3: Click the “CAC” button or “DS Logon” button (get a DS Logon at https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/)
Step 4: CAC - enter PIN; DS Logon - enter username and password
What Will I Find?Books, Audiobooks and Magazines
- OverDrive: Over 80,000 e-books and audiobooks, including bestsellers and the CNO Professional Reading titles.
- RB Digital Library: Popular magazines, e-books, comics and audiobooks, including Great Courses video and CNO Professional Reading titles not available in OverDrive.
- O’Reilly Learning Safari: Thousands of technology and business books and videos, plus live training.
- NoveList Plus: Expert reading recommendations to find your next great book based on your interests.
- National Geographic 1888-1994: Search or browse science, nature and social science topics covered in more than 100 years of National Geographic.
Business and Finance
- Gale Business Plan Builder and Entrepreneur: Step-by-step guidance on producing complete business plans and other documents essential for gaining access to capital and growing a company or non-profit.
- Weiss Ratings: Independent ratings for company stocks, mutual funds, banks, credit unions and insurance companies, as well as articles.
- Consumer Reports: Find the best deals, ratings and reviews on thousands of popular consumer items.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center: Information on stocks, mutual funds and ETFs, plus an Investment Classroom, articles and videos.
- Gale Career Transitions: Find your next career; includes a resume and cover letter builder.
- Gale LegalForms: State and federal tax forms, and “attorney forms” for other legal issues such as bankruptcy and adoption.
- Ancestry: Billions of records, including U.S. and foreign census data, vital records, directories, photos and more.
- Fold3: Access military records, including the stories, photos and personal documents of those who served from the Revolutionary War onward.
- PressReader: Read over 6,000 national and international newspapers and magazines in full-text – just like a print paper in a responsive digital format.
- U.S. Major Dailies: Full-text, same-day publication access to The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, and The Washington Post.
- Freegal: Stream and download 15 million+ songs from over 200 genres for free. Instantly access songs, albums, playlists, music videos and audiobooks.
- Qello Concerts: View full-length concerts and music documentaries in more than 30 genres streamed on demand.
- Kanopy: Watch documentaries, classics and indie films, and stream movies.
- Mango Languages: Learn more than 70 languages through interactive lessons, including ESL.
- Chilton Auto Repair: Extensive vehicle maintenance and repair guidance with images.
- BrainHQ from Posit Science: Improve your brain health with clinically proven brain-training exercises.
- EBSCO Small Engine Repair: Repair manuals with original photos and illustrations of engines for motorcycles, boats, generators and other small engines.
- Universal Class: Take more than 500 online classes led by knowledgeable professionals.
Education and Reference
- Learning Express Test Prep: Practice tests, study guides, flashcards and more for school and career exam advancement.
- Gale Academic OneFile: Over 6,000 full-text academic journals, magazines and news sources.
- Gale Military and Intelligence: Journals, magazines and reports covering all aspects of military affairs.
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Includes articles written by subject matter experts as well as images.
- Gale Health and Wellness: Reference sources, magazines, journals and pamphlets from a wide variety of authoritative medical sources.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Reference e-books, including specialized encyclopedias and directories.
Kids and Teens
- EBSCO Explora Primary: Designed for children in grades K-5 to learn about animals, music, health, history, people and places, science, math and sports.
- EBSCO Explora Secondary: A rich collection of articles, videos, images and reference information about arts, music, geography, health, math and more for students in grades 6-12.
- Gale Middle School: Age-appropriate articles, videos, news sources and primary documents for students in grades 6-12.
- NoveList K-8 Plus: Kids can find books that are appropriate for their reading level and interests, plus teaching tools to engage young readers.
- Scholastic BookFlix: BookFlix pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction titles to reinforce early reading skills and develop real-world knowledge (pre-K to grade 2).
- Scholastic FreedomFlix: American history comes to life with dynamic e-books featuring maps, timelines, virtual tour clips and more for grades 4+.
- Scholastic ScienceFlix: Students gain a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, interactive features and more (Lexile levels 600-1200 readers).
- Scholastic TrueFlix: Social studies and science books, videos, images, experiments and articles, for grades 3-6.
- OverDrive: The teens’ and kids’ “reading rooms” offer more than 8,000 audiobook, e-book, video, and readalong titles.
- Gale Science: Interactive & in Context: Middle and high school students can explore the sciences through 3-D interactive models. App password: navy
- Tutor.com K-1: Online tutoring and homework help for military kids and teens from live, expert tutors in more than 16 subjects.