Navy MWR Programs that you can partner with include:
Navy MWR Esports: Be part of the Navy MWR ESPORTS program!
Tournaments are WORLDWIDE and provide opportunities that combine our Sailors’ love of competition with an exciting activity. Partner benefits include multiple engagement opportunities to reach the Navy military community.
- Streaming Channel Page Logo Integration
- Lower Third During Broadcast
- Chatbox Inclusion
- Replay Swipe Inclusion
- Live Billboard Reads
- Social Media
- Other Digital Footprints
- Webpage Ad Integration
- Presenting Sponsor Opportunities
- Logo Integration
- Print Mediums (Poster, Retractable Banner, Info Card, Step & Repeat, and Flyer)
Great Navy Campout: Since 2015, the Great Navy Campout has encouraged thousands of military members and their families to get outdoors and camp! The goal is to inspire Sailors and their family members to reconnect with nature and wildlife over the summer by participating in installation MWR camping events worldwide between June and September. More than 40 installations participated in 2020.
MWR Summer Reading Program: The Navy Summer Reading Program began in 2010 as an initiative to encourage students to read during the summer and help families bridge the "summer learning gap" while inspiring literacy and lifelong learning. Installations worldwide hold a variety of activities and events in support of the Summer Reading Program between June and September. Fifty-two installations participated in 2020. Participants read for 4.8 million minutes and 6,066 patrons enrolled in the program.
Navy Entertainment: MWR Navy Entertainment provides quality, live entertainment to our military members and their families stationed around the globe. Events are held on ships at sea and on bases. The program presents more than 300 shows annually that attract thousands of Sailors and family members.
Events include children’s shows, family shows, holiday entertainment, music, events, professional athletes, variety shows, comics, celebrity chefs, magic shows, and much more. MWR Navy Entertainment provides a little bit of home to our service members while they are away from home and a chance for our entertainers to say thank you for the sacrifices our military members and their families make every day.
In July, MWR Navy Entertainment brings professional bands to the Middle East, Europe and Japan to perform nine shows and celebrate the Fourth of July during the “Let Freedom Ring” concert series.
Comics on Duty tour will launch in fall 2021 and feature 65 high-energy, professional comedy shows at installations around the globe.
The world-famous Harlem Globetrotters will embark on their annual military tour, this time in the continental U.S. in November 2021, performing at five U.S. Navy locations. The Harlem Globetrotters have been entertaining the troops for 77 years, showcasing their one-of-a-kind family event with great basketball skills.
In recognition of the Month of the Military Child, MWR Navy Entertainment will present an overseas tour in April featuring the Imagination Movers, an American children’s band. This interactive live music act will take place at seven Navy installations in Asia.
SPLASH: Through their annual SPLASH campaign, the MWR Fitness Program educates parents and youth on swimming pool safety and the dangers associated with unsupervised swimming. The SPLASH campaign focuses on six key principles: stay within arm’s reach (adult supervision is the first line of defense); protect your non-swimmers (inflatable floats and devices are not designed to save your child); learn to swim (Navy MWR provides swim lessons for all ages); assess swim skills (proper skills assessment is vital); swim safely (youth non-swimmers and swimmers must remain in their designated areas); and hang it up (no tweet, text or phone call is worth risking a child’s life) to reduce the likelihood of drowning.
- Navy MWR Fitness, Sports and Aquatics: Includes 92 operational pools and 131 fitness facilities located on 70 Navy installations. In addition, Navy MWR aquatics facilities offer swim lessons, family fitness programming, aquatics fitness classes, and command training support. Navy gyms and fitness centers are the most frequently visited on-base MWR facilities. More than 12 million military community members use our fitness, sports and aquatics facilities on an annual basis.
All-Navy Sports: All-Navy men's and women's teams participate in the Department of Defense's Sports Program and compete in the Armed Forces Championships against teams from the Marine Corps, Army and Air Force. Sports include cross country, wrestling, soccer, volleyball, bowling, triathlon, basketball, rugby, golf, softball and marathon.
Air Shows: Since 1946, the Blue Angels have represented the Navy and Marine Corps to audiences throughout the U.S. and abroad to showcase the excitement and power of naval aviation. When the Blue Angels come to town, be ready for a great air show! An estimated 11 million spectators view the squadron during air shows held from March through November each year.
2021 Air Show Schedule
- April 10 – 11 at NAS Jacksonville, Florida with expected 300,000 in attendance
- May 2 – 3 at NAS Corpus Christi, Texas with expected 100,000 in attendance
- September 18 – 19 at NAS Oceana, Virginia with expected 300,000 in attendance
- November 6 at NAS Pensacola, Florida with expected 180,000 in attendance
Navy Wounded Warrior: NWW is the Navy’s sole organization for coordinating the non-medical care of seriously wounded, ill and injured Sailors and Coast Guardsmen, and providing resources and support to their families and caregivers. Regional non-medical care providers tailor support to each enrolled service member’s recovery, rehabilitation, and reintegration needs. The program allows service members and their families to focus on recovery without distractions. To date, 7,600 seriously wounded, ill and injured service members located throughout the country have received assistance from NWW. Sponsors can expect that 100% of their support will help the program execute and enhance their mission of serving our wounded warriors, their families and caregivers.
Warrior Care Month: November is Warrior Care Month. It was established in 2008 when former Secretary of Defense Robert F. Gates declared it would be a “Department of Defense effort aimed at increasing awareness of programs and resources available to wounded, ill and injured service members, their families, and those who care for them.” Each November, NWW releases a robust national advertising campaign and hosts special events on Navy installations worldwide to increase awareness of the NWW support services available to our nation’s heroes and their caregivers.
- Team Navy on the Road to the DoD Warrior Games: The 2021 Department of Defense (DoD) Warrior Games will be held Sept. 16-23 at the ESPN Sports Center in Orlando, Florida. About 265 wounded, ill and injured service members and veterans representing teams from the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) will participate in the competition. Teams include active-duty service members and veterans with upper-body, lower-body, and spinal cord injuries; traumatic brain injuries; visual impairment; serious illnesses; and post-traumatic stress disorder. They will compete in archery, cycling, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, track and field, wheelchair basketball, indoor rowing, and powerlifting events. In preparation for the DoD Warrior Games, NWW athletes will compete in organized camps and trials held on Navy installations across the country.
Navy Gold Star: The Navy's official program for providing long-term support to surviving families of Sailors who die while on active duty.
Bells Across America: Navy installations throughout the nation will participate in Bells Across America for Fallen Service Members ceremonies in September to honor those who died while on active duty. The ceremonies are held in association with Gold Star Mother’s and Family’s Day, which is observed on the last Sunday in September. This allows the military community a chance to honor and remember the sacrifices of our fallen heroes and their loved ones left behind.
View our sponsorship package here.